We have an extensive and successful experience in supporting NHS clients on capital projects, both in developing business cases for acute trusts and clinical strategies. We have a proven track record of delivering capital projects across several of our offerings.
We have supported clients to business cases which cover elements such as:
- Delivered end-to-end business case in line with Treasury Green Book guidance, at Strategic Outline Case, Outline Business Case and Full Business Case stages
- Worked on business cases for health and social services, ranging in value from <£1m for local service changes to £500m+ for large capital build cases for hospital/service developments.
- Reviewed existing business cases following the ‘Five Case Model’ – UK public sector best practice and HM Treasury and NHS assurance requirements.
- Developed health and care services strategies to underpin capital programmes, setting out evidence-based new models of care • Developed demand and capacity models mapping expected hospital activity levels over a 10-year timeline, which have been recognised by regulators as best in class
- Conducted an impact assessment of clinical strategies and development programmes, testing scenarios based on the Trust and system’s ability to deliver transformational work
- Led clinical engagement to develop care models and detailed operational policies
- Developed clinical service specifications to support commissioning and delivering of services
- Delivered design briefs, including key design considerations and aspirations
- Supported financial and economic modelling to enable robust quantitative appraisal for business cases
Whipps Cross Hospital, a large, busy multi-service hospital with a rapidly growing local population faced a challenge with their estate which predominantly predated the creation of the NHS. The proposed redevelopment offered a once-in-a-generation opportunity to reconsider how care is delivered, both in terms of the care models offered and the facilities used.Read More
CF, leading a consortium with IBI and Currie & Brown, was commissioned by the States of Guernsey to support a 10-year hospital redevelopment programme. The initial work involved the review of an outline programme business case, demand and capacity modelling to support sizing of hospital, capital and revenue costing to support OBC development, as well as the development of design solutionsRead More