We are looking for an Analytics and Product Development Principal who will lead our award-winning and rapidly growing Healthcare Analytics business with insights gained from aggregating healthcare data, applying advanced analytics, and visualising through cloud-based tools. The ideal candidate has broad experience leading advanced analytical projects, with a demonstrable track record of data science use-cases, ideally some of which in healthcare. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. They will have experience in developing products, delivering analytics, and managing a team.
This new role will appoint a highly talented individual at Principal level to be part of the senior leadership team of the company and build a new analytics business within the company. It brings together the best of multiple worlds;
- A mission to improve health and care
- Autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture
- Part of one of the leading management consultancies
- Development support for you personally to grow
You are excited about our mission to improve health and care. You bring a combination of technical skills, team leadership, and commercial acumen.You value working in a multi-disciplinary team. You seek to pursue innovation in collaboration with the consulting team to support clients to deliver sustainable change. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree and relevant work experience; advanced degree in relevant area would be advantageous
- Proficiency in the use of relational database systems and SQL essential; experience with unstructured data and NoSQL databases would be advantageous
- Strong leadership skills to work collaboratively with others in the organisation and help to build the analytics team
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to evangelise analytics throughout CF
- Familiarity and experience using statistics and machine learning techniques
- Healthcare experience highly desirable
- Agile software development experience desirable
- Commitment to giving and receiving constructive feedback and coaching to support development
- Lead and advance the overall analytics function
- Ability to handle large datasets and extract meaningful information and visualisations
- Visualise large amount of data in compelling ways
- Lead development of the product pipeline, including support of product specification ahead of build
- Ability to translate healthcare needs into a data science product/use-case
- Visualise end products that don’t yet exist
- Interact with clients, particularly those within information teams, but also with other senior client stakeholders
- Translate client requirements into client specification
- Build the team internally, e.g. recruiting to permanent and interim positions as well as manage use of external contractors
- Coach and develop team members which will include a rotation of analysts
- Support effective teamwork and interactions between the analytics team and core business to ensure good working relationships
- Manage team and projects to time, scope and resources including projects and product pipeline
- Have commercial insight into value of tools created, capture of revenue and managing cost of delivery
- Contribute to the development of commercial strategy and execute
- Manage commercial frameworks
Reporting directly to the Managing Partner responsible for Healthcare analytics, you will be creating a team of Data Scientists and Product Developers who work together with our consulting teams to support clients. Our clients are leaders within healthcare; typically, we are hired by Chief Executives and work directly with Chief Executives and boards as well as the accountable executives for high profile areas and their information teams. Our consulting teams are hired directly from top universities or recruited from top tier management consulting firms and share a passion for improving health and care. A distinctive feature of our company is that our work is partner-led. This means that partners, who bring decades of experience in healthcare, are materially engaged in work with clients and teams, bringing empathy and judgement to the work of teams to tackle the hardest problems clients face.
Carnall Farrar (CF) is a management consultancy dedicated to improving health and care. We inspire clients to make change happen. We support our people to be courageous in doing the right thing.
We are a high-growth consultancy that now has the largest team dedicated to healthcare. We have won multiple awards in the last year recognising our impact, including the awards from the Health Service Journal for Best Consultancy and Best Provider of Healthcare Analytics, and from the Management Consulting Association for Best Public Sector Change Management.
We help clients to address their toughest problems and to have sustained impact. We bring innovative solutions based on understanding of both the cutting edge of technology and a realistic understanding of what will work in the client context. We apply hypothesis-led and evidence-based problem solving, making use of robust analysis. Moreover, we bring healthcare leaders together to align behind a common set of priorities, support the development of capabilities to execute and to develop the mechanisms to sustain change.
Given the rich and unique datasets made possible by the NHS, there are fantastic opportunities to apply advanced analytical techniques, along with powerful visualisations, to provide better, faster, cheaper insights. This enables our teams to spend more time in the synthesis and engagement of clients. We are committed to grow our Healthcare Analytics team and are hiring to build this team.
What we do
The areas we work in include:
Health system strengthening: understanding the current position of a health system with in-depth analysis to support improved outcomes and cost effectiveness through how the system (including leadership, funds flow, workforce, technology and delivery) works
Integrated care delivery: taking a population health management approach to target specific segments of the population (based on detailed analysis of need, activity and cost) and then to develop better ways of meeting the needs of these groups, create teams to deliver care, and put in place the information, payment, performance and governance needed to achieve this
Hospital restructuring: working with clinicians to apply a combination of clinical evidence and analysis in order to optimise how hospital care is structured across sites. This enables delivery of the best possible outcomes within the constraints of access, capacity and finance
Improving Performance: supporting systems to understand and predict demand, capacity and performance in close to real time, develop concrete analytically-informed plans, and supporting sustained improvement
In all these areas we apply a common approach of:
- Integrating large datasets into our data warehouse
- Applying advanced techniques for descriptive and predictive analytics
- Visualising data in high-impact presentations
- Synthesising the analysis to create actionable insights
- Creating bespoke cloud-based tools, which allow clients to visualise and model data to aid effective decision-making
- Engaging with clients to understand the insights, agreed action, and sustain change
Should you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com