We are looking for a CIPD qualified individual to help us deliver our next 5-year strategy, which is currently in development. The HR Business Partner is a key role in enabling the delivery of our strategy, as recruiting, developing and managing our talent is pivotal to our success. This role works closely with the Chief Executive and Managing Partners, provides input and presents to the People Committee and will lead the refresh of the people strategy to ensure we can deliver the 5-year strategy.
You will be reporting to our Head of Corporate Operations/Managing Partners.
The ideal candidate for this job will have a professional services background and be able to work in a vibrant and fast-paced organisation, while under the pressure sometimes associated with deadlines. This role works with the other corporate managers to ensure high quality information, data and strategies are developed to deliver on our goals.
A trusted partner to senior leaders, this role influences and steers strategy across the full generalist remit, including:
- Organisation design and development
- Training and development
- Resource and talent planning
- Recruitment and retention
- Employee engagement
- Employee relations
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of partnering with senior management teams in a generalist HR role, with an excellent track record for building strong professional relationships and credibility across all levels of the organisation
- Experience of applying expert employment legislation and best practice HR within a complex business environment
- Experience of successfully leading a range of business enhancing projects in support of a wider HR strategy
- Experience of delivering innovative, creative and tailored HR solutions
- Experience of working in a consulting environment is desirable
- CIPD qualified
- Ability to present information and tell compelling stories, building senior stakeholder engagement around a range of HR initiatives
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Recruit, induct, coordinate training and assist with the development of talent across the organisation
- Work with senior management teams, providing expert HR knowledge and insight to support effective strategic and operational decision making
- Continuously seek to identify current and future needs of the business offering a fresh perspective and approach to problem solving
- Support sensitive or high-profile HR issues, balancing business need alongside employment legislation and associated risks
- Design and implement strategic HR programmes, aligned to the CF strategy
- Actively recruit permanent and associate members of staff, running the recruitment process through to induction
- Help develop and embed the training and development plan for the company, including developing and implementing the assessment and development cycle
- Work with senior leaders to support the retention of staff
- Take ownership of HR KPIs and reporting, presenting fact and insight in an engaging and compelling way to lead and influence change
- Proactively engage with People projects, seeking responsibility and demonstrating passion to drive key projects and initiatives
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to scan for emerging trends, innovations and current best practice
Carnall Farrar is a fast growth management consultancy dedicated to improving health, care and public services. We currently have ~45 members of staff; 11 corporate and the rest consulting. We predominantly consult with the NHS but are diversifying internationally, with new clients, with different service lines.
Should you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org