CF is a fast growing SME in healthcare consultancy. We predominantly consult with the NHS and are diversifying internationally, with new clients and new service lines.
We are now recruiting for an exciting, fast paced role to support the business development strategy of the organisation. The role will involve the end-to-end management of our opportunity pipeline, provide project management support to bid teams, produce management information reports, facilitate Business Development committee meetings and ensure we are meeting any public sector or industry specific contractual obligations.
The ideal candidate for this job should have experience in public sector procurement, managing large and complex proposals and have had exposure to contracting. Additionally the person right for this role will be a quick learner, adaptable and have excellent communication skills.
You will be reporting to our Head of Corporate Operations/Managing Partners.
Who you are
- Bachelor Degree educated (or equivalent experience)
- Native level (or equivalent) writing and speaking skills
- Ability to project manage bids simultaneously, often with short turnaround times
- Demonstrable ability and experience of prioritising workloads and working to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders and manage projects with multiple contributors
- MS Office skills (advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- At least 3 year’s experience in a similar role
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write in a concise and convincing manner
- Skills in reviewing and editing written content
- Good time management skills
- Ability to think laterally and identify new solutions to client problems
- A general understanding or willingness to learn about the healthcare industry
- Own the internal end-to-end proposal processes and supporting the business to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Identify and communicate to senior stakeholders opportunities that align with our Business Development objectives and the CF strategy
- Run the bid/no bid process to secure confirmed decision and determine best placed individuals based on capacity and knowledge to form the bid team
- Mobilise bid team kick off process, producing materials to support the bid team including summary of bid requirements, list of compliance, key stakeholders etc
- Project manage the bid development process, attending bid problem solving meetings, capturing actions, collating supporting evidence, CVs, Case studies and supporting the bid team as required
- Own bid compliance process checking the Invitation to Tender details meticulously to ensure all specifications and requirements are followed by the bid team and complete any standard documentation required
- Support development of the costing table, ensuring internal costing and resourcing principles are followed, the correct rate card is used, the information is presented in a way compliant with the framework/specific ITT, this includes liaising with financial controller to seek final approval of cost and any discounts
- Own bid submission process ensuring full proposal is proof read and is presented as a highly polished document, our brand formatting and compliance is applied and is in line with bid requirements and the full set of required documents is submitted ahead of the deadline
- Facilitate pitch development process if we are shortlisted, ensuring pitch preparation is scheduled and the pitch team have all material necessary to produce and present a top quality presentation
- Manage the submission and compliance with public sector frameworks which requires submission of monthly management information reporting and ensuring we are also compliant within framework terms and conditions.
- Liaise with clients to ensure appropriate contract is in place, read terms and conditions raising concerns about clauses and providing advice to project accountable partner to negotiate if appropriate
- Develop and maintain detailed suite of management information reporting, presenting this to senior stakeholders on a regular basis. This includes pipeline activity, utilisation, business forecasting reports, historical performance and other reports as required
- Produce and maintain a knowledge library for proposal resources, ensuring the bid close down process is applied to every proposal
- Support monthly business development committee meetings, establishing agenda, producing and coordinate materials ahead of meeting
- Support the business with diversification by providing additional research into tendering and contracting processes to work in new countries or industries
- Act as the first point of contact for new clients providing information on the company as well as outlining available procurement routes.
- Build relationships with our framework authorities, promoting the framework and ensuring they have information and ability to appropriately promote CF
- Provide training to the organisation periodically and at induction on our core processes for proposals, and also act as expert on public sector procurement
- Support he BD coordinator to log and track all incoming opportunities
- Support the BD Coordinator to produce accurate resourcing reports and capacity intelligence of individuals across the business
Carnall Farrar is a fast growth management consultancy dedicated to improving health, care and public services. We currently have ~45 members of staff; 11 corporate and the rest consulting. We predominantly consult with the NHS but are diversifying internationally, with new clients, with different service lines.
Should you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org