Melissa has experience of healthcare systems in the UK and internationally working with payors, commissioners and providers to deliver better care, improve performance and tackle financial challenges. Before joining CF, she worked in the pharmaceutical industry and wrote her thesis on the topic of market entry strategies for pharmaceutical companies into Eastern Africa. She has a special interest in the acute sector, health policy, and the question of equity in health.
Key areas of expertise
- * Healthcare policy evaluation
- * Finance and activity modelling
- * Project management and facilitation
- * Process and pathway mapping
- * Developing system working
- * Behavioural and cultural impact on performance
- * MSc International Health Management, Imperial College Business School
- * BSC International Management, Reutlingen University, Germany
- * BBA European Management, Lancaster University
Example client projects
Supporting Lord Ara Darzi with delivery of impactful analytics on historic and future trends in the NHS, incorporating population health, quality, access and finance, for his report ‘Better Health and Care for All’.
Supporting the preparation and dissemination of a Change Capability Assessment (CCA) tool for two Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Conducting an objective assessment of the head and neck directorate of a NHS Trust covering areas for clinical and commercial development as part of a portfolio of specialist activities.
Conducting analysis for acute service reviews covering maternity, paediatrics and neonatology services, as well as urgent and emergency services.
Working with a Sustainable Transformation Partnership on the harmonisation of medical locum rates, which resulted in a savings quantification.