Anne has a breadth of experience leading complex health systems and developing health strategy and service redesign. Anne is the leader of CF’s work within the UK and across the NHS. Anne has over 32 years’ experience in the NHS, holding a variety of roles across the system, from Chief Executive and as well as a range of regional and national roles and has personally led a range of complex changes including several major service reconfigurations. Anne has worked with both commissioners and providers on a wide range of initiatives including redesigning care across care pathways, restructuring or reconfiguring services to drive improvements in quality and value, workforce design and efficiency and using the information to drive improvements in care. Anne can relate to the realities of making change real, bringing her own practical experience to bear Anne has a great feel for how people and organisations work. Anne has a reputation for building and developing boards and senior teams. She has an interest in organisational culture, design, development and has led many large organisational change programmes within the NHS, as well as undertaking research in the area of organisational culture and its impact on successful change.
Anne is a fully accredited executive coach and enjoys working with both individuals and teams acting as a sounding board, challenging thinking, inspiring clients to deliver innovation, and helping shape practical solutions.
Key areas of expertise
- * Experienced in complex service redesign and implementation
- * Knowledge of regional and national assurance processes for service reconfiguration
- * Leading complex service reconfiguration and consultation, bringing proposals to decision which have withstood significant challenge
- * Leading system-wide change, building partnerships, generating support and seeing things through
- * Developing health strategies at a system level which deliver sustainable change
- * Articulating a clear and engaging vision that links current priorities and strategic aims
- * Building high performing teams and creating the right culture and climate for people to deliver at their best
- * Managing complex stakeholder and political landscapes
- * PhD. (with Distinction) Business Administration, IMC European Business School MA (with Distinction) Strategic Management, Kingston University Institute of Personnel Management (Graduate Member) Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (Corporate Member) Accredited Executive Coach (AoEC, ICF)
Example client projects
Anne worked closely with the London Mayor to set up the London Health Commission and worked alongside Lord Darzi to produce ‘Better Health for London’, a citywide strategy to drive better health, better care and better integration across the capital
Created ‘Healthy London Partnership’, a system-wide improvement agency to drive system transformation with a dedicated programme aimed at transforming primary care urgent and emergency care, cancer and mental health services. The team now employs over 100 people and has a combined budget of £30m
Delivered London’s first strategy for the development of Primary Care across the capital to deliver better access, greater co-ordination and more proactive care. London now has 57 federations covering 95% of practices
Helped the west of Scotland develop a case of change and align behind the resource framework needed to improve the provision of case and the service model to deliver
Supported a county to identify and address the issues impacting on their urgent and emergency care flow and freed up the equivalent of 202 acute beds on a base of 1,200 and better manage demand and flow whilst also saving £1.6m.
We helped accelerate a challenging in year savings programme. We establish delivery infrastructure to sustain planning, delivery and tracking support leaders and operated staff to identify £???
Support development of an intermediate care model including identification of implementation considerations. This was to address high levels of patients in hospital beds for more than 21 days for a frail, elderly population with many having Dementia or cognitive impairment