The four Greater Manchester North East Sector CCGs (Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale CCG, North Manchester CCG, Bury CCG and Oldham CCG) and Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (PAHT) wanted to understand the extent of alignment of potential opportunities across their respective Right Care benchmarking reports and the Trust’s Carter report.
Carnall Farrar were commissioned to help the North East Sector identify these areas, and create a starting point and shared vision for future collaboration between organisations.
- Reviewing the historical levels of CIP and QIPP plans, and the degree of achievement
- Comparison of the commissioners identified by Right Care, identifying overlaps and gaps across the 4 CCGs
- Using the Right Care Atlas of Variation to compare the CCGs
- A comparison of provider opportunities vs those identified by Carter
- Our work endowed the clients with an understanding of the shared opportunity areas which they could pursue in future
- We also provided a set of recommendations for the way forward and an outline of the key data issues with potential solutions.